Im New here and going to the the best lake fisherman this season

hey tim

i see this is an older thread thats been revived. but you got the best start anyone can get. you already went out on a charter a few times. i,ll always tell anyone thats just starting or changing type of fishing if they can swing it to make a couple of trips on a charter. it seems like alot of money. but usely you can go on as a walk on or get a few friends and go. you,ll learn more in that first trip than you can anywhere in that short amount of time. every charter capt. i,ve fished with was more than happy to help me out. its money well spent. and even tho you forget some of the stuff. once you start doing it yourself it will come back to you.

i used a charter to teach me alittle about trolling for salmon in lm back in 77. then when we moved from the western basin to the central basin of erie. we went on a charter a couple of times. the best money i ever spent. its a whole different world over there. i didnt have a clue about useing divers. that capt. had us setting lines in no time. explained how to run all the divers and not just stay tangled all the time. he didnt even run riggers. i,ve always loved riggers so i,ve added them to my tools to catch eyes. i did get me 2 electric,s last year and 2 new ones this year. and im going to try the chamberlain releases this year. so hopefully they will help with not dragging all those small trash fish around. keep giving them heck. have a great season.

....sherman....