Henderson Harbor 6/23/06

Finally was able to hit the Big O after a 4 week hiatus. Headed over to Ray's Bay area and set up for browns. Fished from 30-60 fow, most fish we saw were in 50'. We did take 1 brown on a White/Blue ladder back Slammer spoon down 29 over 45. We also took a bass on Dipsey out 100' on a 2 setting. After 3 hours of trolling we headed into Sawyers Bay and really spanked that bass. The key to the bass was to cast up into 4' and keep the lure just above the slim. We caught over 45 bass in 2 hours. My son loved it, he was going from pole to pole reeling them in and he even caught a couple on the worm. I will post a pic of the brown tonight after I get out of work. Good Luck.

Here is the brown that we got. Not sure why the pic is so hazy. After pic he was released to get bigger for someone else.

100_0738.jpg

Here is the little guy putting the hurt on the little bass that hit the dipsey and the pic of him and his trophy.

100_0739.jpg

100_0740.jpg

Here is the one pic that we got after we went in shallow.

100_0742.jpg

Good Luck.

Rich

Did someone say BASS???? :eek:

I spent many years chasing bass around the tri-state area in tournaments. :D Every year I fished Lake Erie for them.

Nice job on putting your son on some fish.

Thanks for the report!

Mike

Yes that is what I said. I can only listen to the old man so much before I give in about fishing for the warm water species. I have to say it sure was fun for the little guy, it kept him busy for a couple of hours. I have now had my bass fill for the year. Now it is back to the cold water species for me, if mother nature allows.

Rich