Lexan Rod Holder by Bert's

I looked at the lexan rod holder by Berts Custom tackle today. I have two of the steel one but am looking for two more holders. These, at Gander Mountain, looked and felt real solid and they were asking $50 vs $79 for the steel ones. Berts web site sells the plastic ones for $40 vs $70 for the steel model. Anyone had any experience with the lexan models? Always looking to save a buck or two, but not at the expense of losing a rod, dipsy and all the rest that would go. Any input would be appreciated. And, I am not entirely satisfied with the steel ones that I have. If a rookie is driving and makes a turn a bit to short they sometimes ratchet to the up position. A pain.

Thanks, Duane

Thanks for the info, guys. The cisco systems might be better fitted to what I am looking for. It'll be another month before I need something. Been perching and gill fishing for a couple of weeks loading up the freezer while the salmon are in their June swoon. Maybe we'll get a strong east wind and change the lake set up some. Hoping!

Duane