Boards-n-cores/copper

ive got i bunch of new rod holders and want to get them mounted. my question is when running the boards and cores is it better to run the rod tips up pointing more twards the sky or lower and more parallel to the water or maybe somewhere inbetween???? thanks guys!!!

ive got i bunch of new rod holders and want to get them mounted. my question is when running the boards and cores is it better to run the rod tips up pointing more twards the sky or lower and more parallel to the water or maybe somewhere inbetween???? thanks guys!!!

You did not mention what you are using for holders, trees or pedestals.

I stagger the rods in my Big Jon triple pedestals. The rod closest to the back is set 1 hole above the bottom setting. The middle rod is set one above that, and the front rod is one above the middle. This helps keep them seperated, and the outer lines higher above the inner lines. This also helps keep the lines from tangling on the boards when making turns.

It's nicest to have them toward the front of your boat, pointed up and slightly out. The higher you get the rod tip, the less they are in the way of other rods. Also if you have to net your fish on the side, it's nice having them forward.