Quick Disconnect for Cannon Speed-N-Temp

I'm trying to come up with a quick disconnect for the antenna wire on the Cannon Speed-N-Temp. Talked to tech at Cannon who said it should be ok to install a QD in the antenna wire and that he's heard of other people doing it. He said if it doesn't work, call him and he'll give me a new antenna wire. That sounds like how I used to swindle my little brother.

Anyway, has anybody tried it? And, how'd it work? Does anybody know a source of QD's for antenna wires?

Nailer, that's an elegant solution to the problem of easy on/off for the Speed-N-Temp sensor. Very nice. However, I'm trying to find a way to easily disconnect the Speed-N-Temp antenna wire at the downrigger. Has anybody tried a disconnect in the antenna wire itself?

The answer that works!! This is the scoop from Fish 307.

For the Cannon Speed-N-Temp:

1 - The antenna cable is not co-axial. It is a single conductor wire attached directly to the signal pick-up spring.

2 - Cut the cable near the spring and solder a ring terminal (I assume a crimp connector would also work) to the end of the wire.

3 - Affix a Scotty Black Box Contact Sleeve (mfg part #1211) to the downrigger boom, passing the downrigger cable through the sleeve.

4 - Connect the antenna cable via the ring terminal to the Scotty contact sleeve at the screw post on the contact sleeve.

Voila! Quick connect-disconnect.