porth dafarch-the 160 test

well i got the car packed up this morning the venue was porth dafarch with the hope of a few fish :)i met up with shark at the conwy industrial estate for 9am :).

there is one thing i noticed straight away loading the yak on the car slightly heavier and most definately longer than my old p13,and also the bounce on the front of the kayak at a steady 55-60mph i will be investing in a sucker pad for my bonnet ;).

we arrived at dafarch about 10am unloaded the kayaks and sorted things out ready to get on the water :)

here is shark on the way to mackeral rock

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160001.jpg

it was a bit lumpy just outside the bay but we plodded on heading further around the headland

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160004.jpg

we were after a few mackeral but there was none about not even the charters were getting them or the small boats ::)

i had the only fish of the day three whitting taken on a shrimp rig on the drift but i didnt get the camera out for the white rats ;D ;D

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160002.jpg

we did numerous drifts up and down but the maccies wouldnt come out to play

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160003.jpg

after having a good few hours drifting about it was time to put the 160 through its paces i found it a very stable kayak and a great fishing platform the rudder is a very handy bit of kit which i enjoyed playing around with ;D ;D

i then handed the 160 over for shark to try out and got a few pics to ;)

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160006.jpg

having a paddle around in the bay

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160011.jpg

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160008.jpg

then it was time to try the re-entry and stability out a bit more which shark did very well,here are the pics ;)

lying down

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160014.jpg

the squat

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160013.jpg

re-entry

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160019.jpg

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160015.jpg

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160020.jpg

porthdafarch-thetestofthe160024.jpg

on the whole a great few hours in great company and im sure shark will be adding a bit more ;D ;D