Well, we took the shakedown/maiden fishing trip in the Sugar Mama sunday and I sure am glad I wasn't in my old boat! I don't know if I would have made it out of the channel. We made our way out to 60 ft slightly south of the piers and headed on a northwest troll. Set 1 rigger 40' down w/ a Mag Warrior Gas Chamber and the other rigger 50' down w/ a Mag Green Sexy Shad Silver Streak. I later lowered this rigger to 60' when we hit 90' of water. Worked a braid dipsey into the spread out 125' on 3 w/ a Mag Super Screw Silver Streak and then a wire dipsey w/ a Blue Bubble Spinny and Blue Mist Sigg's Rig's fly. After the sun was up we added a full core w/ a Plumcrazy Michael Jackson (I renamed that spoon Phil) and a half core w/ a Warrior spoon I can't remember the name of. Action started early on the riggers. 1st fish on the Gas Chamber, then we went 3/4 on the Green Sexy Shad. We lost a fish on the Super Screw and landed one on the Spinny/Fly. Lost what felt like a nice fish in the fullcore later after we changed it to a Craig's Xmas. We (I) also lost a fish on the braid dipsey out 150' w/ a Mag Kevorkian due to some captain failure. Finished the day late to upgrade our weigh-in box by boxing a king on a half core w/ a Mag Double Orange Crush. Best troll ended up being northeast. We tried a few other things w/ no success. Ended up pulling a little early to run in and get organized for the weigh-in. Great first trip on the new boat and a good job by the crew to land fish in tough conditions. All of our fish were nice, healthy kings. 4 fish right around 13 lbs, one at 9 1/2 lbs, and the last around 6 lbs. Thanks for coming along Mike and Brent!

Edited by Paulywood
Addition

Nice job Nick and thanks for picking up the tourney and doing a nice job of running it. Now that you have the new boat broke in and a win as well I will be planning on out fishing you the rest of the way LOL. Gotta make sure we don't let Mike win his first tourney Sat so have been working on my game plan parts to fix the broken rigger should be here tommorrow. Relined a couple of reels tonight and modified my rod trees to fit in my tracks so may try and use them Sat.