Belated Muskegon report (5/9)

Better late than never...............

Went to Muskegon for the GLF TT event, but severe weather resulted in cancellation. Not to let common sense get in the way, we decided to head out when there was a brief break in the weather. Long story short, we had one knock off and one that got to the boat (decent king), tangled up on the rigger and was gone. Both fish hit the deep riggers (40 - 60 feet down) that had spoons. We were fishing in 65 - 80 FOW.

About the time the fish was getting near the boat the wind REALLY kicked up. We went from trolling at 2.2 mph to 0.5 mph with no adjustment to the throttle. From there the waves got ugly quickly. We wound up fishing for only about an hour and then spent about the same amount of time crawling slowly back to port against some pretty fierce waves.

Next trip out (third) will hopefully be for the Onekama tournament over Memorial weekend. That is twice now that I have had to severely cut short my trips out, so hopefully I can get a real day of fishing in next time. :mad: Third time is hopefully the charm!! I'll report back on the Tuesday or Wednesday after Memorial Day.

Eli