Early June Port Sheldon

1mainiac

It is the first weekend in June you are in a tournament the weather has been nice and mild with varible winds all week. You have a small boat with 2 riggers and 2 diver rods and a 5 color and a 10 color on inline boards. You will be fishing out of Port Sheldon with a six hour time limit waves are 1 to 2 ft sky is partly cloudy. Current winds are out of the north and have been for the last 6 hours or so.

Riggers - One would have an 11" paddle (white or green) with a either a Proctologist or Play Cousin (both big weenie flies) deep for lakers and larger lazy kings. Second would have a double orange crush.

Dipsies - one would get a green dolphin the other a blue dolphin.

5 color - fish box (silver with a green and orange ladder backs)

10 color would get what the first rigger did not.

Leave the heads at a WNW heading out to 175 fow. In the spring season those kings are schooled up and I want to be able to pick away at a group of active fish. With a six rod spread like that I can work a way point pretty good until it drys up with out getting tangles but I like to be away from others so I can make my turns.

Pre light

Riggers start with moonshine and a blue whale 45-60 down

Dispeys on 3 with 8inch flasher glow fly 95 out and 11 inch flasher glow squid 150 out

5 color has a glow j-plug

10 color has a mag moonshine

Daylight

riggers move down as bite slows. Colors are Blues, blacks, and purples

1 dipsey stays in the 95 to 125 range all day and might get a spoon. The other goes farther until it gets bit. Always has a fly/spinny. Might let out the other if a certain length gets hot.

5 color has a grey ghost J or steelie spoon

10 color gets a dbl orange crush/dolphin/ or a yellow tail

Port Sheldon used to be my home port for about 10yrs. before moving to Muskegon. I am not going into alot of detail but at that time of the year,somthing that has always produced for me is Sivler Streak(reg. size)"Monkey Puke". As for depth and temp.? You have to find the active fish.