Musk. Wednesday am

I am going to head over to Muskegon tomorrow morning. Plan on hitting the pier around 4:30 am. I am going to try and fish bait. I will also be fishing either the pier or surf for steelies. I've got some spawn thawed out and will be tying up bags today. If anyone is interested in joining me let me know. I am hoping to avoid some of the crowds by fishing in the morning.

got up this morn and went to Coast Guard station Talked to all the guys there no sign of PAULYWOOD. Thought maybe he was running late so set up and fished till about 7:30 Did not see anyone out on the south pier there were some guys heading out but I was getting cold and several I talked to had not got a Steelie in several days. Decided to go get breakfast instead. Will be back this afternoon to fish with Mike and Terry. I caught and released 8 fish only one legal and zero hits on bait all on spoons. Guy fishing next to me said he had fished Muskegon for 35 years and tried every bait you can name with no success he said they just won't hit bait.

I was there this morning, fished down by the sub. I went 0-8 on bait. Started out fishing waxies under a bobber. Had 2 hits, including one that I knocked off with the net. It was pretty slow so I switched to eggs. Right at daylight I had 6 bites but couldn't hookup. I had a hard time seeing the rod tip move because of the poor light and my hands shake so much. Once I set the rod down I could see the hits but coouldn't pick it up in time to set the hook. By 8 am the bite had stopped. I walked out on the south pier and talked to the guys out there. One guy said he saw 2 steelies caught yesterday morning but no one had a bite today. He was real nice and gave me a lot of information, I've never fished off the pier before. He also told me about a good spot to surf fish. I plan on trying it out this winter. Good luck tonight guys. I'm taking a nap, we're heading down tonight to watch the Lion's lose tomorrow.

Sorry Nick I thought about going down to the sub but thought maybe you were running late so stayed put. I parked up by the trolley pickup at 7:45 and talked with a couple guys who were heading out they both said it was really slow last few days. So I left about 8:00 and went and got some breakfast. Mike called a little bit ago and said the pier was packed so they were headed to Whitehall to fish the south pier. I am trying to decide if I want to burn the extra gas and drive up and join them so I am gonna wait and call Mike back in a bit and see if they have a decent spot and room for me to fish before I drive up there.