whitefish

went out to whitehall and ended up 8 for it seems like 800..got there about 5:30 was gone by 7..caught an enourmos mud puppy..not many people out but was fun fighting the foul hooked...the legal ones were hard to come by..but definatly throw back the foul hooked ..wether it be becouse its the right thing to do or becouse dnr are out there..going back tonight see if i cant get a few more

caught another 8 tonight..must be the lucky number...to clarify i been going out with a friend the last 2 nights and the 8 was between the 2 of us...a lot more foul hooks...but like i said they fight like crazy that way..im very new to this type of fishing..but enjoying the heck out of it

Met up with Jay again this evening we started the evening fishing oposite ends of the peir I was fishing out near the light and he was in front of the old Coast Guard station. After people started to thin out I moved down near him and his wife fishing was hot and cold but we had a blast I landed and released around 10 fish and Jay and his wife easily caught over 20 they left with 3 nice keepers. I have no idea how many fish I hooked up with and I was shaking them off as soon as I knew they were snagged. They were not hitting as hot as last night but we saw several females show up and last night they were all males. We both had several big fish that had to go back foul hooked. What a blast on ultra light Steelhead gear for me I could have snagged 50 or more if I tried but I held my ground and only landed the ones I could not shake off except for a couple that pulled like freight trains so I was not sure what they were till we landed them. We came close to having a few triples going and were fishing around some great people helping each other out and no complaints everyone seemed to get along and work with each other. A couple of younger guys showed up and were trying to rig their poles so I offered them some extra stuff and they were catching fish and having a blast right away. They were really suprised when I gave them some new spoons to fish with all I said was your welcome I lose lures all year long so it don't matter to me if they get stuck in a rock pile or help someone else have a good time fishing. Jay and his wife knocked off several nice fish with the net they said they were trying to let me catch up with them. I didn't stand a chance they were hooking em fast and furious at times then we would get a lull in the action for a few min and then right back into it. It was a great night and no one had to see a doctor Jays wife was getting cold so we called it a night. If we do it again I will bring my heater I brought my lantern but it would not light up so I left it in the car have to fix it tommorrow.

Tight Lines

Jim

Met up with Jay again this evening we started the evening fishing oposite ends of the peir I was fishing out near the light and he was in front of the old Coast Guard station. After people started to thin out I moved down near him and his wife fishing was hot and cold but we had a blast I landed and released around 10 fish and Jay and his wife easily caught over 20 they left with 3 nice keepers. I have no idea how many fish I hooked up with and I was shaking them off as soon as I knew they were snagged. They were not hitting as hot as last night but we saw several females show up and last night they were all males. We both had several big fish that had to go back foul hooked. What a blast on ultra light Steelhead gear for me I could have snagged 50 or more if I tried but I held my ground and only landed the ones I could not shake off except for a couple that pulled like freight trains so I was not sure what they were till we landed them. We came close to having a few triples going and were fishing around some great people helping each other out and no complaints everyone seemed to get along and work with each other. A couple of younger guys showed up and were trying to rig their poles so I offered them some extra stuff and they were catching fish and having a blast right away. They were really suprised when I gave them some new spoons to fish with all I said was your welcome I lose lures all year long so it don't matter to me if they get stuck in a rock pile or help someone else have a good time fishing. Jay and his wife knocked off several nice fish with the net they said they were trying to let me catch up with them. I didn't stand a chance they were hooking em fast and furious at times then we would get a lull in the action for a few min and then right back into it. It was a great night and no one had to see a doctor Jays wife was getting cold so we called it a night. If we do it again I will bring my heater I brought my lantern but it would not light up so I left it in the car have to fix it tommorrow.

Tight Lines

Jim

once again it was awsome fishing with you jim! the wife had a great time and Thank GOD we didn;t have to go to the ER again...can't wait to get out after them again!