Full moon fishing a night to remember

It was a full moon in ludington around late august and the fish around the peir headsand fishing was very good. Me and My grandfather were going to go extra early to see if we could get a early bit. We unloaded the boat and around 2 am and thought to start fishing past the mini peir we were running all glow j-plugs . i had the first two riggers set and just putting the slide diver in the holder when i seen the first rigger bouncing and i called fish on. We had tha fish in teh box just befor the light house. then i had all the rods set and jsut sat down to get a drink of coffee and heard the a reel scream on the 2 core. it was like that for three more hours. we had to pull lins at 5;30 with 6 kings and 4 coho and about 15 lost:lol:. it was a night ill remember for al long time.

i thought i see if any one else fished and moon light trip

I for one prefer to fish at night the bite is great and less boats to fight for the good spots. If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone complain about fishing being slow on their way in while I am heading out to fill the box it would have easily paid this years gas bill. Last summer we limited out 5 nights in a row just after sundown in same area Salmon are agressive night feeders. Also the wind always seems to die at sunset for a while so the waves improve and the fishing gets hot at the same time.

Tight Lines

Jim

During the summer, I like to leave the dock around 4am. The last hour before day light can be dynamite. If you are going to spend the money on gas to go fishing, you might as well be fishing at the prime times.

I can't count how many times I have set lines well before sun up. Two years ago out of Manistee we had a quad going with only two of us onboard. We filled up just before the sun broke the horizon. Remembering them GR8 trips, is what keeps us coming back for more.:)