Fished Grand Haven last night from 6-9:30 and went 7 for 10. All our hits were from 94-120 foot of water. With 8 of them from 110-120 foot of water. Our hits went like this.

Fireline dipsey 100 back on 1 with glow splatter back j-plug took 2 hits.

Fireline dipsey 175 back on 3 with blue bubble spin doctor and no see um mirage fly took 2 hits.

Fireline dipsey 200 back on 3 with green crush glow spin doctor with a green fly took 2 hits.

Downrigger 85 down with blue veggies spoon took 1 hit.

Downrigger 67 down with lemon ice spoon took 3 hits.

We ended up with 6 kings and 1 lake trout. All in all a fun night on the water with a double two different times with only two people in the boat.

When we had the doubles on one of us would just hold one of the rods with one hand trying to keep some pressure on the fish and steer the boat with the other hand. We ended up only landing one fish each time we had a double on. One came off after peeling out about 75 feet on the line counter making a couple runs. The other ended up wrapping around the other dipsey on that side of the boat once and then came unbuttoned. Probably should have done a little more figthing of the fish rather than trying to keep the boat perfectly straight.

I fish with only two in the boat regulary and so far we have had on 3 doubles this year and landed all of them. Our trick is to point the boat tward Wisconson or away from the crowd. If it is windy turn and troll with the wind. When it is time to land a fish we set one rod in a rod holder, land the fish and pick the rod back up. Hopfuly by the time the other fish is ready the net is free. It is a blast!!

I also fish regularly with only 2 people. I usually have the guy who gets his fish to the boat first hold the wheel relatively straight with their leg and hang on to both poles. It sounds complicated but we land about 2/3 of our doubles.

Just me and my wife in my boat most of the time have got all of our doubles so far this year I just point the boat downwind it seems to track better. But it is a 26 ft boat so we have the room just yank the smallest one in fast had a triple on last weekend and got all 3. 3rd fish was on a dipsey landed first fish before we pulled the rod out of the holder. Probably more luck than skill but I ain't gonna complain the Owner hooks have kept their mouths sewn shut and that helps more than anything. We towed a 8lb fish for a long time as the release was tangled so it might have hit during the triple as we weren't watching the poles close with 3 on it was porpousing behind the boat when I went to reset after our 5th fish pulled the ball up and untangled the release and reeled the fish in once again with the mouth sealed shut.

Tight Lines

Jim