Brother Dave report. 8-15-08

Brother Dave went out today instead of yesterday (when it stayed flat till 2:00pm) using my great weather advice. He called me at 8:00 am this morning, after a 17 miles trip across the bay when they reached Callahan Reef and reported there were 2 to 4 footers. He mentioned my name along with a few 4 letter words were being mixed and tossed around as well as anything not tied down on the boat.

He just now called again, this time from the Essexville Bar, where (he says) they are always biting. They stayed on the Reef until all the waves became continous 6 footers according to him, then headed back towards LBM. Fished off the Nayonquin Point bar in 12FOW for an hour trolling with the waves and fought the flotaing weeds. Waves went down to 3 footers but they came in anyway. 1 White Bass for the effort. I see where both Saturday and Sundays wind/weather are way better. But I think letting the bay and the weeds settle out for a day after this blow would be the better decision. I'm calling to see if the folks would change their fishing date to Sunday. :grin: