Gas Prices

JWheeler

:angry2::angry2:

Gas went back up today, from $3.77 up to $3.94. I find that even at $3.77 that we are getting ripped off. A barrel of oil peaked around $147/barrel, and gas was around $4.30/gallon. Over the last little while the price of a barrel has dropped all the way down to $113/barrel, and surprisingly a gallon of gas has not followed suit. Mind you a gallon of gas has come down, but not by the same percentage as what a barrel has. Scratching my head wondering how the SOB's get away with it. Now this war in Georgia is probably contributing to the hike in prices, as one oil company already shut their pipeline down yesterday as a precautionary measure. If it's not one thing it's another. I am just plain fed up with high gas prices, and everything else that is increasing accordingly because of the outrageous gas.....:angry2:

JWheeler I agree, total BS. I made the trip to Holland yesterday and put enough gas in the truck to get figurring the price would be cheaper over there. Sure enough I pulled into the gas station in Byron Center to meet up with Mike(seamac) and gas was 3.76. We were still on the water when I heard someone on the radio say they just jumped gas .20 a gallon. Sure enough we get back to Byron center and the same station is at 3.98 a gallon. What a crock of bull.

I was in Tawas yesterday and in a two hour period the Shell station @ US23 & M55 went from $3.72 to $3.70 to $3.99. During this period a Admiral and Walmart stayed @ $3.69. I did tank at the Shell for $3.70. They will manipulate things to get the price up for the holiday weekend. Three price changes in two hours, and a 27 cent a gallon jump is gouging, plain and simple.

Here is one for thought. The price of a barrel that is being trading on the market is for shipment in the next month. So....Why do gas prices change if its next months oil shipment???? :fie:

You would think the Current gas prices would continue to drop because of the price drop for the August shipment of oil. :confused:

Here is one for thought. The price of a barrel that is being trading on the market is for shipment in the next month. So....Why do gas prices change if its next months oil shipment???? :fie:

You would think the Current gas prices would continue to drop because of the price drop for the August shipment of oil. :confused:

Oh yes. It takes awhile to get to the pump when it's dropping, but when it goes up it's there like WALLA. Record profits are easy with these tactics.