Muskegon 8/12

1mainiac

Cold water everwhere ran up to just south of Duck Lake which is where we got both fish. They were either setting or checking a net I set up just south and set lines headed straight back to Muskegon I think I should have stayed out there and ran back but plan was to run up and troll back so stuck to it. Ran probe 32 dn and temp never hit 44 was between 41 and 43 massive baitfish mass 20 to 40 dn north of pier in 58 to 65 FOW. Was getting late so was trolling fast 2.8 to 3.0 GPS still took close to 30 min to get thru the baitfish screen was full entire time. Was like Sept out front only thing missing was the guys snagging I mean jigging at the end of the channel. Out of what looked like a 100 boats all going in circles or differant directions I was happy to throttle up and drive away from that mess.

Will be back out Thur or Fri evening

Tight Lines

Jim

I really did not get that close was a dark colored boat was around 18.300 in about 120FOW we were in 95 FOW. I reconignized the boat by out line was on a tight time scheduale so did not drive out to it just saw it working and decided to set up and run back.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I have not heard for sure if the net boat that came down from Manistee got all 3 abandoned nets, and was wondering if it came back down to retrieve the last one.

Its possible it was another one of the local net boats.