AuGres EYES 7-25-08

We fished Out of AuGres,but the wind was a bit stiffer than the forecast. I didn't want to pound the wave into our hunting grounds, so we set up just off Pt. AuGres and started a drift program. We took a few walleye in 28-31 FOW and the wind died down a touch. We decided to go a little South even though we couldn't run because of conditions. I saw a bigger boat heading South so I let the larger craft bust waves for us. We set up again in 26-32 FOW and couldn't do any thing trolling into the waves. We turned and started drifting and ended the day with 15 nice walleye. My usual Bouncers with crawler harness of the inline boards did the damage. Colors were my usual Purple, Chartreuse, and glow, all doing equally well. It was a bit more work than yesterday. It would have been better, if we could have went where we wanted to, right off the get go.

Yesterday was like harvesting. I only had 6 lines in the water for a very brief time. I never got the chance to sit down, until I took the helm and was heading in. Gitter Done. Gotta Luv dat Saginaw Bay.:)

Glad to see your still hammerin them over there Frank,are you sure your not running a straining net off the back of the boat?good job!

LOL Randy. I thought the walleye fishing last year was FANTASTIC. This year is way better. Come on over and fish.