What a great day to start our trip out west. Great sunrise, flat seas, nice temps and a great pic on the ff. Got 4 rods get up since it was just dad and I for the first couple of days. We ran a 2 rigger 2 wire dipsey set up. The first rod to fire was set with a White/crushed ice Spin Dr with an ATOMMIK Packer fly set at 50' with an orange/ gold Stinger on a free slider. Dad was up first so I handed the rod off, after the initial run out to 375' on the counter the fish set in for a surface battle. With 200' of line out I see a little silver missle come flying out of the water, knowing that this was not the initial fish on the line I knew we now had 2 fish on 1 rod. After about 15 minutes I netted both fish, a nice chrome 18lb king and a 4lb coho.

100_0662.jpg

100_0664.jpg

100_0665.jpg

So now the old man is whooped for a little while, I reset the rods and back we go into fishing mode. The next rod to fire was a mupp rigg Fishlander glow froggy down 69', which seemed to be a magic depth again this year. This turned out to be another 18lber, which was released. the day continued like that for us with a mix of kings, cohos, and a steelie thrown in. We ended up the day 14 for 16 which I thought was a pretty good dayfor the first trip of the year.

I had an exciting experience to day while trying to setup a blue dolphin mupp rig. Had the frist spoon set at 10 back and 5 down and was in the process of clipping on the pinned rig when the line was ripped out of my hand by the steelie. It ended up being about 5 lbs so we took a pic on dad's camera and let it go. We did some fish on a Howizter rig on the dipsey after that with a Chart/fire dot dodger and a blue fly out 30' on a 3 setting. The orange crush NK on a free slider kicked in as the sun got higher in the sky.

Here is a pic of one of the other kings that was set free, and a pic of the 4 fish we kept that were hooked deep.

100_0668.jpg

100_0669.jpg

Not a bad for us,what a way to start the trip.

I will post the rest of the trip tomorrow. Wish I was still out there till the end of the derby.

Rich