Port Sanilac Mud Chicken

Went north of Sanilac this morning. Sat down in 30fow. Put out 2&3 color lead, 2 downriggers, 1 dipsy and one long line. Here's what worked today. Norhtport nailers belding bait took the most fish off the rigger down 21'. Small orange spin doctor with a green peanut fly on the rigger down 20+fow took 2 also. 2 & 3 color lead didn't do squat, pulled the 3 color and put a 1/2 core out with northport nailer key lime and took a fish relatively quickly. All fish were lakers, aka. mud chicken, 7-12# range. All fish were taken over 30-40fow. For the day we went 7/9

MudHens54005.jpg

MudHens54008.jpg

MudHens54012.jpg

Edited by JWheeler
tally

We successfully released all of them. We were looking to put some Ho's in the box for the grill but couldn't find any. Still was a blast. In total I would be hard pressed to say we were fishing for 4 hours. Good times:D

Thanks for going along J. Always more fun when someone else is there to enjoy the fun. Unfortunitely we couldn't find the silver fish, but it was definitely good action. Definitely a successful trip. I think the lake has laid down now.... :grin: Man I need a bigger boat... No doubt I'll be sore tomorrow.