Tittabawassee River

GJ Schutlzs. I fished a lot of openers N. and S. of Immerman Park. Drifting with jigs, grub tails and crawlers. I have a rod and reel on the bottom of that river, not to mention a kazillion jigs. We would always drift from N. of Immerman, as far S. as M46. Our best was N. of State Street Bridge. I haven't fished the river in about 10 years. I do miss the fishing, but not the goat rope at the launches.:lol: I have a friend that has a place on the river, and opening weekend I would leave my boat there. That made fishing the opener a lot more fun. I did launch a few times opening morning.:)

We fished north of Gratiot Sunday [Drifters area] from Center Rd launch and only took 5. Others did better, some worse. Immerman was not crowded Saturday at all - the river had many boats but not the zoo of past years. A friend started where we did, took 2, then went north of Immerman and limited out. Every fish we took was male.

Glad we didn't fish the bay - I hear it was brutal out there.

My Bros fished the bay Sat and took a pounding. There are a few spots to duck some of the wind. I was in A.A. for the U of M graduation. A friend and fishing partner of one of my bros finished 3rd in the tourney. One of my brothers sons graduated, or he would been there also.:)

I never fished that tourney because it was too spread out, time wise and area. They have little or no control over the tournament.:) One other thing I didn't like is the culling of fish. People would drag fish on a stringer then cull them for a larger fish. I seen tournament fishermen that were short a fish pick up the culls. These tactics turned me off.