This is for the ice fisherman...

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=h&page=1

This is a satellite view of the saginaw bay. As of this weekend it looks locked up, all the way across. Now the next couple days should really solidify the ice. From what I am hearing there are a few tip toeing out and doing some ice fishing. I haven't been out so can give no report on how the ice is. I do know if I were to venture out I would be checking the ice as I go with my spud.

Anybody else on here have any reports?

There, it should work now....

• 2 weeks later...

Finally returned to the ice on Sunday (1/27). Spent a lot of time out on the ice moving around, but nothing to show for it. Started off on Sag. River in Bay City, ice was 4-5" at the first stop, not sure if it was indy, or liberty. We then moved down river to either indy or liberty, I am not sure, the ice there was rediculous in my opinion. People all over the place, ice was 3" at best, not enough for me so we packed up and headed to Saginaw. Fished right near the dow event center. Ice was maybe 4", lots of people everywhere. Only saw one shanty that seemed to be sitting on a honey hole, they had 7 outside the shanty when we packed up and left.