Home Made Fishing Video's

GLF

I have seen several home made fishing video's. I would like to make some of my own.

What are you using for a video camera?

What are you using for software on your computer to make and edit them?

I have a good friend from college that has opened up his own production studio. If anyone would be interested let me know, I am certain he would be down with filming & then editing some footage.

• 1 month later...

My cam is a Panasonic mini DV, I'll have to check the model for you. It has pretty much top of the line last year. I have a mini tri-pod and a wireless remote which comes in handy if you want to set it up on the hard top.

http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=19618&CID=129157

For software I use Windows movie maker which was already installed as part of Windows XP . It is very simple to use once you have the basic understanding of how it works.

Dave

Panasonic

Model # PV-GS150

3CCD Leica Lens

2.3 mega pixel still camera built in.

It records to mini DV tapes. At the time I was adviced to advoid the dvd type or the hard drive models due to moisture concerns of extended use on a boat??? Not sure maybe it was BS but I bought it and love it.

It's actually pretty amazing how mild a wire diver hit appears on video, cause most of the time on the boat it feels like there are going to rip the side of the boat off.

Any questions?? Ask away.

Dave

I have worked the last 3 out of 4 weekends, and gotten behind on some projects. Give me a chance to get caught up with some of the other work, and I would love to learn how to use it.

I do have windows xp.

• 1 month later...

Do some research on line. I used Google and went through various Camcorder web sites and forums. At that time the one I purchased seemed to be very highly recommended, but that market changes real fast with ever changing technoligy so it's hard to say now. Do some homework first and buy one you'll be happy with. The only compliant I seen on the Panasonic was the soft ware and I can see why.... but I am not using it so it doesn't matter.

Good Luck.

• 2 months later...

I went looking yesterday. I am going to go with a HD model. Instead of spending the $$$ on batteries, I was hoping to find a plug that would would plug into the cigarette lighter on the boat. I was not able to find one. I guess I could plug an inverter into the cigarette lighter and try that with the AC plug.

What does everyone else do for power for their video cameras?