Muskegon 19 May

GLF

I took 2 guys from work and my 2 sons out of Muskegon yesterday. We left the dock around 6:10. I shut down in 180 FOW, left the boat on a West troll and began setting lines. After the lines were set(7:15am), we continued out to 230'. While we were on the West troll, one of the guys had to pee. I sent him to the back of the boat with a bucket. While he was peeing, I noticed the center rigger bounce up and down slightly. I thought it was him, causing the bounce, so I did not think twice about it.

We hit 230' and I turned the boat to an East troll. At 8:00am we had our first fish. It was a steelhead on a 3 core in 210' on a Stinger Goldie Hawn(GH70)(I think in the other fishing report I posted, I said Stingray size. Now that I am typing this report, I remember that it was a stinger size.).

Our next hit came at 8:05am. It was a small king on a 2 core on a Stingray Craigs x-mas in 200'.

Our next hit came at 8:10am. It was another small king on a 1/2 core on a Stingray Frog Circus Freak.

Around 8:30, I started changing out the glow spoons I had down. I tried to pop the center rigger and could not get the line to release :( When I brought the ball up, I notice there was a fish on the line. I hand lined this fish to the back of the boat, and we netted it. Remember the guy peeing at the back of the boat? I think this fish was hooked at 7:30am, and we drug this fish around for an hour. This fish was on a Stingray Nitro Area 51, set at 60'.

We get the fish boxed, and I continue changing out glow spoons. I had just finished resetting a full core with a Stinger magnum Glo Dolphin(Stinger calls the Blue Dolphin, "Glo Dolphin" and the Michigan Dolphin "Blue Dolphin"), when the board goes toward back of the boat. The two guys fishing with me said it was a wave, and I said no, its a fish. So I grab the rod and start doing battle. This fish hit at 9:05am.

I was not gaining in ground on the fish, so I had them slow the boat down some. After the boat was slowed down, a half core on the other side of the boat goes off. This was the same Frog Circus Freak on a 1/2 core that caught the other king.

We box this fish, and I finally get my fish to the boat, and we net it.

king.jpg

Our next hit came at 9:35am. It was a 12lb king on a Stingery Freakin' Veggies on a full core.

Our next hit came at 10:30am. It was a small king on the Magnum Glo Dolphin on a full core again.

We trolled around for another 1.5 hours before we got another hit.

Our next fish came at 12:01pm. I tell one of the guys, the 2 core has a fish, and he says it does not. I tell him to reel it in anyways. The fish ended up being a small steelhead. It was on a Stingray Craigs x-mas.

Our last fish came while I was pulling lines. It hit at 12:30pm and came on the Stinger Goldie Hawn(GH70) on a 3 core. This was an acrobatic steelhead that put on a show for us.

All said in done, we went 10 for 10. 6 kings and 4 steelhead.

catch.jpg

We had one release on a rigger with a Stingray Blue Frog Circus Freak at 73'. There was nobody on the other end of the line when I grabbed the rod.

We caught fish from 160-210 FOW. The water temp was around 44 degrees out there. We caught fish in every direction we trolled. If I had to say what direction was our best troll, I would have say East. We caught the most fish on an East troll.