Today LevelGreener and I got out after a derby fish or two. We banged the beach for a couple of hours and managed to hook up quite a few times. Our biggest fish of the day was a healthy 6 lb brown, and we boated several other smaller browns. We dumped a big one first thing that we both felt was a potential derby fish. All of the fish were released. Hot spoons today were all Dreamweavers. Their 42nd spoon and Glow Frog all took multiple rips. The top producing stick bait (actually, the only stickbait to fire) was once again a Dave's KA-BOOM Shiner in Firetiger. We were trolling in 10-18 FOW for most of the morning. Best bite was at first light. If you're going...get on the water EARLY!!!

Once the morning bite began to slow down, we took a troll out as far as 200 FOW looking for Kings. We didn't find any that wanted to cooperate, but we did find a few nice hooks on the sonar that made me think that there are a few out there. If I was going out tomorrow morning, I'd probably opt to skip the inshore fishing and head straight out to 120FOW and give it a whirl with the silvers just to see if they'd cooperate at first light.

All in all, it was a great day on the water.

May572007007.jpg

May572007010.jpg

May572007009.jpg