Resource Shortfall Coming/ Need Comments.

Attachtments regarding recent information and action.

Long term, stable funding of the DNR is the ultimate goal. It appears there are additional interests that would like the same for their State run programs also, the 2008 ballot could be loaded.

The Legislature is NOT hearing many in support for the License fee increase only from those opposed. It is important that they hear from you now with support or severe cuts in Hunting and Fishing programs may take effect after fiscal year ending this coming October.

General tax funding for natural resources management and environmental protection has vanished and our state leaders don’t seem to be concerned!

http://www.saginawbay.com/pdf/natural_resource_fact_sheet_member.pdf

http://www.saginawbay.com/pdf/conservation_leaders_given_call_to_action.pdf

Sent off letters to all reps and the Governor. I'm never thrilled about paying more for anything. But anyboody enjoying any of our resources needs to monitarily support them, and lobby any way we can for our share of the tax or general fund pie. Take the time to (at least verbally) support our natural resources.

My Letter.

Wanted you the Governor and all my state reps to know that I support the suggested Michigan fishing/hunting license fee increases. I'm not a fan of price hikes but see no other way out of the shorfall you guys got us into. And now our state is faced with budget cuts and lack of funding that will start our beautiful state on it's way to possible resource ruin. I urge you to get off your butt, save and support through general funds or whatever else possible, those things that bring in the Billions to this states economy every year, it's Natural resources. When we have little else left, I'd stilll like to be able to enjoy the beauty and wild bounty of this state.

Think about the vote last fall to protect license fees from being pilfered by the general fund. You knew jenny was going to get the money one way or another. So she just cut out 900 million of the contributions from the general fund to the MDNR. Now the license fees must go up to fill the gap.

I am all for increasing the fees, cause I spend enough time in the outdoors to justify it. But let's make sure we don't fall for the "chicken little" scam that is going to be the rhetoric from the MDNR. I'll only believe the sky is falling when the fat cats start cutting STAFF instead of stocking and other programs. There is plenty of state employees sitting on their hands instead of getting dirty. I'd like to see the upper staff on a backhoe pushing docks in on the weekends or doing creel survey data gathering, if they are qualified:no:

In the private sector us salary employees call it unpaid overtime:angry2: