7/25/18, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

7/25/18, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

After a blow day yesterday, we headed back out to the same, general area where we fished on Sunday.  There was a slight chop on the water as we ran out, but the wind had died completely by the time we got to the fishing area.  With the water flat and the sun out and bright, I was not surprised when the bite was a bit slower than in past days, but my clients from Battle Creek, MI did managed to catch their 24 walleye limit along with a couple nice, 11", yellow perch too.  We did far better on meat today compared to the two crankbaits I ran, which we only caught a couple fish on.  Putting the crawlers right on the bottom the the ticket and we trolled at 1.8 to 1.9 mph.  Early on fire/tiger spinners worked best, but later, after we found a concentration of fish, color did not seem to mater.  Thankfully the big, northeast wind yesterday did not move the water around much and the fish were not moved out of the area we have been fishing for weeks.  With a decent weather forecast for the next week, the fishing should continue to be great.

Capt. Mike Veine