7/3/17, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

7/3/17, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

We had an absolutely beautiful day on the Bay today with blue skies, light winds and fish that were very hungry.  My clients today from Chesterfield, MI caught fish non-stop from the time I set lines until limits were reach in about two hours of fishing.  I'm talking about catching more than 15 keeper walleyes per hour plus some undersized ones, catfish, perch, sheephead and even one trophy class smallmouth bass that was about 20 inches long that put on quite a show jumping clear out off the water many times.  That's a lot of fish catching in anybody's book.  Today the walleyes were biting on Hot N' Tots just about as well as they were spinner/crawler rigs.  As long as the lure was down near bottom, then it got bit a lot.  We trolled pretty fast today with the aggressive bite.  Speeds of 1.7 to 1.8 mph were best.  Our fish today came in all sizes from dinky little throw-backs to several 24 inchers with everything in-between.  There were a lot of walleyes over 20 inches caught today as the cooler was very heavy by the end of the trip.  This was probably the best fishing day of the season today and one that I'm sure my clients will remember for a very long time.  

Capt. Mike Veine

• Thanks 1