6/26/17, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

6/26/17, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

After a blow day yesterday, we tried to get back out to where we were fishing on the last trip where we limited out in short order.  The wind this morning was stronger than predicted early on though, so the waves built up fast.  We did have excellent action for a couple couple hours though and put 14 nice walleyes up to 25 inches in the box along with one yellow perch.  We also caught and released some walleyes too.  Eventually we had to call it a day though curtailing the trip due to big waves.  We caught fish both on bottom and suspended (10' up from bottom) today with no color of harness being preferred.  There are few fish within close proximity to Au Gres now since these strong winds have brought cold water into Au Gres Bay.  It was only 56 degrees in spots this morning there and the walleyes have either moved south or east as a result.  I had to deploy two drift socks today just to get my trolling speed down to 1.5 to 1.7 mph, but that speed was very productive.  Hopefully the winds will die down as I'm getting tired of crappy weather to deal with.

Capt. Mike Veine

• Like 1