6/7/17, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

6/7/17, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

We finally had a very nice fishing day on the Bay today with sunny skies and light winds.  My clients from Indianapolis, IN caught their limits of walleyes today with a on and off bite that would come in spurts.  Every time the wind would shift, which it did on many occasions, the bite would take a pause.  We had a very light bite today with over a dozen fish that were pulled close to the boat still getting off the hooks, which did not mater in the end since everyone still caught their max of fish.  They also caught a lot of bigger fish today too with several in the 5+ pound range and most in the upper range of being considered good eaters.  We caught everything on meat/bottom bouncers trolled at about 1.3 to 1.5 mph.  Color did not mater as we took about equal numbers of hits on natural colors and also bright, fluorescent harnesses too.  The water is a bit stirred up from all the winds, but there are a lot of fish near Au Gres, so it was still pretty easy pickings today.  With a good forecast for tomorrow we should have another very productive day and my clients for today were smart enough to book two days with me, so they will likely fill up the cooler tomorrow too.

Capt. Mike Veine