Capt. Dans Fishing Report

Hey, everybody.

I'm still getting a lot of phone calls and E-mails asking me about Bay Ice conditions. In my humble opinion, especially after todays 60 degree temp and stiff SW winds, she done for the season. I went over the Saginaw River Sunday on my way to and from the Tittabawassee, and she's was still iced over, but black as midnight. I was lucky enough to get to fish in that 1 1/2 day window of opportunity we had on the Tittabawassee this past weekend, but now she's over her banks and muddy as the Mississippi. And some of the ice floes we both dodged and were rammed by yesterday when we weren't paying attention, were over a foot thick. So the forces that be, have no trouble moving things that would still appear safe to the naked eye. As usual I'm posting a picture of how we did Sunday on the Tibb, but with the inland walleye season closing Thursday, I don't think my next report will be for weeks, until the bay ice moves out or melts. Might be time for you to think about a spring or summer charter booking on either the River or Bay. Either way, be safe, fish smart and tight lines. Capt. Dan.

Wallleye.jpg