Fished with a 2 newbies - went 0-5

Fished from 8:45 am - 2:00 PM - all hits came between 11:05 AM to 1:45 PM

set up in 75 FOW - good cold water and lot's of fish/bait marked. Trolled with the waves on a NE troll. Fished in figure 8's between 80-90 FOW - and the first fish hit at 11:05 AM - Was a big king hit the corner DR 65' down with a free slider - hit the slider - popped the rod and the fight was on - handed the rod to the newbies and as the fish hit the top water - made a big run and broke the slider line snap and skipped along the top of the water for about 40-50' with my NK Kevorkian in his mouth.

Next hit came at noon - meat/twinkie rig on wire diver - out 225 - fight lasted about 10 minutes and he was off - nice king...

Then 30 minutes later - we were in 135 FOW by this time - large steelie hit j-plug on 75 CU - got to the boat - and he jump - crossed a line - and he was gone

about 45 minutes after that - I took the wire dipsy with meat to fight this time - got the king almost to the boat - and he spit it - that surprised me - as I was on point trying to get him in - but it was his day!

Pulling lines - a greaser hit and we released him.

My summary of the day is this - I was very happy to start tagging some large fish - and was somewhat consistent - even though we didn't boat anything - I am very grateful that I was at least producing - and they were big ones - headed out again Thurs. - and on and off over the next 2 weeks