Whitehall moves quickly to dredge city marina

News

That's nice, but it sure would be nice to also include the city boat ramp area too. In reasonably normal water conditions it has been a mini adventure to be able to launch and then get to the main lake channel. Whitehall is a great port to fish out of -- well worth the long run out through White Lake to get to the big lake... but I'm guessing that Great Lakes worthy boats are going to have great difficulty using the ramp this year.

As a consequence, the trailer boats and the associated $$$ are going to find locations that do have water at the ramp and are less challenging to navigate to go fish.

That's nice, but it sure would be nice to also include the city boat ramp area too. In reasonably normal water conditions it has been a mini adventure to be able to launch and then get to the main lake channel. Whitehall is a great port to fish out of -- well worth the long run out through White Lake to get to the big lake... but I'm guessing that Great Lakes worthy boats are going to have great difficulty using the ramp this year.

As a consequence, the trailer boats and the associated $$$ are going to find locations that do have water at the ramp and are less challenging to navigate to go fish.

All great points, but I've never seen more than a couple of boats using the city marina. How does the city of Whitehall afford to support a marina with no income? Do you know what they charge for a slip? Gas sales can't support the marina I wouldn't think.