Slow going for most of the 40 boats in the Church Tackle/Tackle Haven tournament out of here on Saturday. Winner was Orginator, captained by Jerry Link. Caught nine fish total, he said,, mainly on Warrior spoons trolling in a long oval between about 105 feet of water and 150 feet of water. Top five (three lakers and two kings) weighed 65 pounds.

I fished with Uncle Bud, and we caught seven, finishing in sixth place with our top five, which was the same as the winners, with three trout and two kings. Hottest lure was a blue bubble, 10-inch Spin Doctor on a wire magnum dipsy, set 220 back. Lure was a white squid with a hunk of herring on it. Biggest fish was a trout caught on a 350 copper, 11-inch Bechhold FishCatcher with a Church Baithead and a herring strip from Fish On. Didn't keep real careful track of depths, but it's safe to say all of our fish came between 105 and 120.

Dave Mull

We also did ok in the takle Haven tourney Saturday finish right behind you in 7th place. We took 8 fish for 11 hits, 6 kings, 1 laker, 1 steelhead. We started in 105 and worked out to 190. Our best bait was an ace high green squiggles plug. 450 and 400 copper and 130 on the rigger. Wire out 265 with blue fish scale and blue strong fly meat rig took 2 hits. Crazy b spiny with green mirage on a 300 copper took a king. Laker came on bottom with watermelon tin can and glow spin glow with red dots. Steelhead came on down rigger unknown depth due to faulty counter. Moonshine rv blue flounder. Could only take fish on 330 heading. Nice day to be on water, catching fish was a bonus!

Thanks for the welcome, fellows! I already do like it here. Can someone tell me what a Crazy B Spin Doctor looks like? The guys who won were using one with a Big Weenie Arctic, uh, something (need to check my notes) behind it.

Dave

Thanks for the welcome, fellows! I already do like it here. Can someone tell me what a Crazy B Spin Doctor looks like? The guys who won were using one with a Big Weenie Arctic, uh, something (need to check my notes) behind it.

Dave

70938.jpg

Edited by Nailer