Went out with my wife at 5:00 pm to look for Salmon again in East Grand Traverse Bay. Went South for two miles and marked lots of fish but no bites. Not too many boats there as it's not the hottest port on Lake Michigan. Finally turned around and started our troll back at 7:30 and again no action. At 8:30 with darkness starting to gather we took a 5 pound Lake Trout on a Protroll Flasher and a fly on the deep rigger (105 feet down in 130 FOW). Around 9:15 we got another Laker on the other rigger and he rolled himself up good in the line. We had a mess in the net when we landed him and just as he came over the transom the starboard dipsey with a glow plug started singing. I had my wife fight the fish while I tried to untangle the mess in what was now getting to be very dim light. I finally cut the line to the fly and untangled the Laker and got him into the cooler just as the King was coming to the boat. We landed the 15 pound 4 oz King as darkness was just about complete. The hook on the Silver Horde plug was bend partially open on two of the trebles. First time I've seen that. It was a nice end to a slow evening. We're hoping that the fish become a little more plentiful as August progresses.

Good job there in Elk Rapids, when we were there about 2 years ago, there was a small boat taking large kings near the Yuba River outlet in the east bay... he wouldn't tell me the spot, but it sure was hot for him, he does it every year...so Try near the very south end of the east bay....