Holland 8/2 PM - thanks Wild At Heart

Sorry for the late report....

Fished Holland Thursday Night 8/2.

Started about 7:00pm in 110' north of harbor and worked out on a SW troll. Marked a ton of fish from 120' - 160' but no takers until 8:45pm. Switched baits, speed, etc. until finally had one go. Ended up 3 for 4

What worked:

Moonshine Mongolian Beef - 85' Down on Rigger

JP Slammer Green/Gold something (not sure what it was called) - 210' back on wire diver

JP Slammer White/Bloody Nose - 300' Copper

Moonshine Eminator - 75' Down on Rigger (lost this fish)

Side note....... I had the priveledge of meeting Wild at Heart at the gas station on Tuesday. When I saw his boat I introduced myself and we got to talking fishing and JP Slammers, which I had never used, so he gave me two of them to try out. For what it is worth, I caught fish on both the lures he gave me. To try and test the quality of the lure I was running the same patter Moonshine spoons on the Starboard side and the JP Slammers on the Port side. JP Slammers caught two fish and the identical pattern Moonshine Spoons zero. I am no authorized field tester of equipment, but if somebody gives me something to try out I sure as heck am going to give it a shot. The 8 pound king that hit the JP Slammer on my wire rod hit the lure like a 20 pounder. The lures worked for me that night and I will be picking up a few more before the summer is out.

Thanks Kevin for the lures and also the information at the dock Thursday night. It is good to be part of a community of fishermen that help each other out!

Chris