Something about having a new boat and wanting to use it made me make a foolish decision yesterday. It was a last minute decission that I made at work, so I took a 1/2 day off and went out by myself. The lake was 3-5's. After I was out there, I got thinking about what a stupid decission I had made to fish by myself in those kind of conditions. If I would have fallen over, it would have been a done deal.

Anyways....I had my three lines set by the time I hit the end of the piers. Once I hit the end of the piers, I turned into the waves. Right away, an in-line board popped. So...I hooked up the bungee cord to the wheel, reeled it in, tightend the screw and sent it back out. A bungee cord is a poor man's auto pilot and does not keep the boat going into the waves for long. It was not but a couple of minutes after that, and another board popped. Same deal again. After the third time this happened, I pulled the lines with planer boards, and put out two divers and a lead core without a board. Problem solved, no boards popping.

I could control the boat speed going into the waves, and taking them on the side. When I went with the waves, I could not slow the boat below 3.6 on the GPS.

After an hour of bouncing around and not knowing what depth I was at, I realized what a foolish decission I had made to fish by myself in 3-5's! I decided it was time to pull lines and try my luck in Muskegon Lake.

I set two lines on planers and was hoping to pick up a walleye or pike. There are so many weeds floating around on Muskegon Lake, after 5 minutes of fishing and cleaning weeds from the baits multiple times, I decided it was time to gas the boat and get it ready to be pulled.

I will get them next year!