Fished the morning and evening.

Headed out around 6:15 with Dave Ash, our friend Dane, and guy from my church (Mike). Set up in 80 FOw heading SSW. The first hit came within 5 minutes on an 11" Protroll White Crush/Fish Scale, and mirage fly. That one was about 8 lb. After that it went dead so we started heading to shore. got to about 85 FOW and got a hit on the 350 copper and with a F/F setup (not sure what it was, Dave brought it along). Next hit was on the 300 copper with a Chrome/Mtn Dew SD, and a sunshine BW fly. That one was about 20 lb. Next hit came on the wire diver 135 back and a white crush SD with Mtn Dew BLL teaser rig. The last hit came on the 350 copper again as we were pulling lines in the 20 MPH winds that the front brought in. Ended 3/5. Went home, took a nap, cleaned and reorganized the boat and started changing some gear I've been meaning to get too.

Headed out in the evening with my most of the family (two younger brothers, sister and parents). Got on the water about 6:30. Set up in 80 FOW heading S. First hit came on the 300 copper with the same combo as the morning as we were putting the board on it. That one came unbuttoned after a long run. After that it went dead. Made our way out to 110 and got a hit on a flounder pounder as a fixed slider 60 down on the rigger. The line snapped 20 ft boat from too much horsing and tight drag (first ever break off taking my flounder and raspberry carbon with him :mad:). For a moment I was considering going for a swim because he was bloated and floating on the surface :no:. The next hit was on my standard big paddle 110 down on the rigger but he came unhooked as I was passing the rod to my youngest brother. The it went dead again. We headed back in and got a hit in 90 FOW on a wire diver 120 back with blue paddle/white crush tape SD and blue/silver teaser rig. Fought it for 20 minutes after an initial run to 450 ft. Got it too the boat and it was a really dark 15 lb king that managed to wrap himself in the 7 color. The final hit of the night was on the other wire dipsey 170 out on a Chrome/Kevorkian SD and purple/glow fly. The drag stuck on that one and ripped the fly out of the fish. After that couldn't buy a bite. Headed in at 9:30 with lightning to the south. Final count 1/5.