Reel Mantinance

Jim u need to clean and lube them every year, most come with lube and a tool in the box, the directions for cleaning are on the sheet in the box. I use a solvent bath to clean then lube with the lube provided by the mfg, I have about 100 tubes of the stuff so never have had to buy more but u can get it at any tackle store. Most important is change your mono yearly, it ages.

I maintain mine reels pretty much the same as Mike described. I use a grease my gramndpa used on turbines, stuff is awesome. If I need parts, I go to Tuna Toms to get them. It is definately cheaper to do your own mantainance.

the biggest thing I am concerned with is the drag washers, do they get greased? The reels I have are not the most expensive out there but I would like them to last until I get some better ones. Guess I should look for the little booklets that came with the reels.

Does anyone have the Info on Diawa LC 27 and LC 47 ?

The drags from Tuna, you don't grease. The bearing and gears with a light coat grease. *Personal thought* - If you have the felt drags, I would suggest to change them to carbon drags. Soooooo much smoother.

I ordered and installed new carbon fibre drag washers from Tuna Toms. I put them in my Daiwa 27's which I run braid for dipseys on. Made these reels perform better than new. No more catchy drag trying to keep from clicking out line to having the drags set too tight. Do a little surfing on the net and you should be able to find the schematics for these reels. Tuna"s may have them on his site, Good Luck.