St. Thomas US Virgin Islands

Had an incredible opportunity to go to St. Thomas and visit with my in-laws. Did some fishing there when the weather permitted. We chartered a boat to go about 20 miles off-shore for about anything that would hit. First off, I have never been on a charter boat before and I have a whole new respect for crewmen and captains. My hat goes off to all you captains and mates if you work as hard as these guys did.

Started the trip trolling and had a hit off the bat. As my father-in-law brought it in, I guess the shark wanted it more. Not sure what kind of shark it was, but the half-fish was a blackfin tuna. Sorry, pic was too big to post.

My turn next and I pulled in a 15 lb kingfish.

dscn3583.jpg

My mother-in-law beat me out and caught a 25 lb kingfish.

dscn3592.jpg

The wife got in on the action and caught two barracudas.

dscn3600.jpg

To end the day with a bang, I reeled in a good size wahoo. This was a blast! 48 lbs. of pure muscle on 30 lb. spinning tackle. I think this one may go on the wall.

dscn3609.jpg

The diving and snorkeling along the reefs is phenomenal! Here is one of my favorite pictures from one of my snorkel adventures.

smiling_turtle.jpg

Had a great time, but am glad to be home to some cooler weather. I guess I have too much Michigan blood in me.