Heaven Pure, Amish Mantle Super DUPE Heaters

Priority1

It angers me that celebrities such as Bob V. Paul H. etc lend their names to ads for these magical heaters. Bob V. has never impressed me as having too much on the ball as far as construction goes. Two of my older friends have each purchased 2 of these so called money saving heaters. Heck with two of them they will save twice as much. Ya Right!!!! They both were like kids with a Christmas toy. I'm posting this so that we can put the word out and possibly save one of our friends or relatives from falling into this trap. :(

I saw some of them advertised in the AARP magazine. I sent a letter to the editor expressing my feelings over these companies taking advantage of their subscribers. Since then I now get mailings from the Eden Pure Co. offering me discounts on their rip off product.:mad: AARP could care less. Advertising dollars was all it was about.

The only thing these magical heaters do is extract $$$ from unsuspecting peoples pockets. A $300-400 Eden Pure or Amish Mantle heater only puts out about 1500 watts. A $20 Wally World Heater will do the same.

Some of these super heaters claim to heat up to 1000 sq ft. 1500 watts is 1500 watts no matter if the heater was purchased at TSC, Wally World, or through the mail with a $300 box around them. Any of these heaters put out less heat than one warm air register in your home. Put the word out, some people just don't know.

It's funny that you bring this up. I'm currently taking a thermodynamic engineering course and this was one of the first things that the Professor brought up to us. The heater uses electrical resistance heating, which is one of the most inefficient ways to heat a space. Not only does it also cost a lot initially, it also costs a lot to operate.

I had to laugh at this too. One watt of electricity will produce 3.42 Btu's of heat. So that little heater is only putting out 5100 Btu's of heat at best. My dinky little two bedroom apartment I live in now takes 40,000 btu's to heat, and it is less than 700 sq. feet. Yes, electric resistance heating is "100%" efficient because there is no exhaust going up the flue, and I think that is how that get unsuspecting people to buy into it.