Salmon Run?

Hey Guys!

I am in Grand Haven and was wondering is the 4 year old run over with or hasn't started yet? Water is still 60 degrees at the Grand Haven State Beach!!!! I don't see many people fishing for them on the piers or in the river. usually this time of year the piers are loaded with fisherman. Are they still waiting for them to come in or is it over. I am headed out tomorrow morning should I target fish around the piers and channel or go out deep? What do you think is my best chance at some fish? Any input is greatley appreciated! If I look for the 4 year olds should I ditch spoons and focus with j-plugs and hot n tots and tadpoles? Or are the 4 years old up the river by now?

We fished 130-200 this morning & got 13. 130-180 FOW was best for us today, 160-240 was good Friday & yesterday. The surface temps cooled from the mid 60's yesterday to the mid 40's this morning with a break at around 220 FOW. That break had moved in to 130 FOW by noon & fishing slowed a lot, not sure if it was the time of day or water changs. We fished the mud for a couple hours in the afternoon and went 1 for 2. Just don't seem to be many mature fish around. Super Slims & Stingray spoons are by far the best right now for 2-3 year holds & steelhead.

Long story short, personally I'd go for smaller fish & a lot more of them. Put on small spoons & head west till you get em.