Heading up to Muskegon this weekend, and looking for some insight....the boats been in the shop for 3 weeks!!! It's now fixed and looking to get into some fish.

With the latest blow - it might be anybodies guess, but thought I would consult the experts! Thanks for your replies....will post when I get back.

Thanks in advance...

Jim

Reel Deal

Muskegon

Went straight out and had lines set in 100 FOW at about 6:30 PM. A little lumpier than expected with 2 ft chop kind of confused. Didn't mark much on the way out and some guys stayed in tight as they reported marking fish in closer in about 50 FOW.

We went out to 125 and then made a turn to the northeast away from the nets and got a decent 12 lb king on green scaley Tomic on SWR 88 down. Really were not marking much and decided to turn around to see if we could get back to our spot where the SWR went. There was a tall ship that was headed out to the NW and they and another boat pushed us a bit inside of our mark and we got a laker on the full core FB Mod Blue Dolphin that we released.

Then we started to head NE in shallower as the sun started to go down. Not marking much until we got into about 85 FOW and then we found cold down temps - from 45 to 54 down temp at 35 ft down. Marked alot of fish up fairly high from 40 up to 25 and took our last fish after dark on dipsy green glo fly white SD 105 back.

Temps were mixed up warmer out farther and cold water in pockets. Sounded like there were some fish caught but radio traffic was pretty quiet.

Last king we got was bronze in color and had a pretty good hook jaw.

No other action for us - really could not get anything consistent to go - 3 fish 3 different rods. Got 1 empty release on a 4th rod (green glo ladderback J 65 down). Speed was a bit of a challenge - when you changed direction your speed changed drastically.

Maybe Sunday for the next trip. I'll keep you posted!!

Hey Jim, I will be out Sat afternoon evening trip, we plan on wasting some gas and running deep for some steelies early then trolling in. I've talked to Joe before, but I don't think we have me. I will give a hollar out at about 4 when we head out.