Little Bay de Noc-July 24th, 2010

100_1210_edit_2.jpg

My brother Kevin and I hit the water yesterday (video) about 3:30 pm on a purely "search and destroy" mission for walleye. I thought since I had not been on the water in about a week and had a charter today, I better find some fish! We actually found and caught walleye in three of the four spots we tried, so it turned out pretty good. We only fished 4 hours, but we caught fish suspended 10 feet down in 35 feet of water trolling with boards and spinners, drifting along the breaks with Lindy Rigs, and we also caught fish pitching jigs in 6-10 feet of water. Didn't fish in any one spot long enough to really get our limit, but we accomplished our mission! So I was all set for today. Or was I??? I woke up and checked the radar and it did not look good, so me and my client waited out the storms and didn't get on the water until about 9:00 this morning. Guess what, we had our limit by 10:47! We released our 10th fish so we could keep fishing and then changed up and drifted the drop-offs with Lindy Rigs and upgraded 7 of the smaller keepers we had to bigger fish, so that worked out great. I just can't believe how much better the fishing is this year with the warmer water we have. The water temp. is now 75-79 degrees in most areas of the bay. Summer is going fast folks, better get out there and enjoy it...