7/12 Bay City

Tough going out there for sure. Tooled around solo close to the shipping channel all over the place from 1:00pm until 4:30pm and got 3 eyes with 2 definitely short and one too close(I generally don't carry measurement out there), along with 7 assorted farm animals. Its like bath water out there....between the Inner Plug and a mile north of #'s 1&2 I didn't get a temp below 76.5 and in 18.9 W of the Inner it was 79.9. I'm gonna hit her hard Thurs through Sat next week and fish the Au Gres/Simms Whitney Fireman's Tourney because that is my alltime favorite but the inner is a dead sea. My strategy is #1...find and mark some nice weedbeds to cast to some nice gators kinda close to Au Gres or #2....run over to Grindstone where they are killing them right now. Either way it'll be tough if its rough.

Based upon what I caught in Saginaw this winter which was prolly the best ice season I've ever had and what I caught in April early season the fishery is way far from dead, just a really warm year for once. Also saw a lot of healthy lookin mini gators chasin my tubes and hiding under docks and boats on the Tib when I was bass fishin in May and June. Gotta go deep or find em' hiding in the shade I think??