June 24th, 2010 Little Bay de Noc

Today I had the pleasure of fishing with three great guys from the Chicago area, long time clients Denny Gustafson, Jim Lewinski and his son Jim Jr. I had plans of fishing south today, but when I arrived at the resort we already had a brisk northwest wind blowing, so we changed plans, launched at Gladstone, and stayed within the bay. There was a huge mayfly hatch at Gladstone last night, noticed them all over the buildings on the way to the launch today. I always hate the first day after a front, but today the fish didn't seem to care as we pulled a nice 15 fish limit for the guys and released about 40-50 undersized fish. They weren't the biggest fish in the bay, most just 15 -18 inches, but what a great bunch of "eaters" the guys can enjoy while they're up here. We were drifting in dirty water and the depth was anywhere from 5 to 11 feet. We found one shallow flat where the north wind was really churning up the water...and the fish were there thick. The strange thing today was that the later it got...the bigger the fish got. I think we only had 2 keepers by 11 a.m., but from 11 until 2 p.m. we caught 13 more. Here's a picture of today's catch, hopefully the weather cooperates and we can get them back out there tomorrow. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

dscf3171_edit_3.jpg