okuma catalina

I bought 4 of the old style catalina line counters last season. after less then two weeks i sent two in for repair and now i have one with a malfunctioning counter. anyone else experience problems with this particular reel?

mike - i think in a previous post i read you said you have a bunch of them. any problems?

I have a couple I need to send in for repair The issues I have are them not engauging properly after I am finished setting the rod. Sometimes when a fish hits, the reel "kind of" free spools, and makes an awful sound. When I set them now, I turn the spool a tiny bit, and make sure they are full engauged. I will send mine in at the end of the season.

Okuma had this same issue with the Convectors a few years ago.

i bought 6 of them when they first came out,sold 6 of them less than a year latter,had the same problems on 4 of the 6.didnt think the clickers were nearly strong enough.all tekotas with tunas drag systems now:thumb:

Okuma should have named the new top of the line reel something besides Catalina. Now that I have a few seasons on my reels, I find it hard to cough up that much money for another reel that says Catalina.

i was floored when i saw the price of the new catalinas. i tried to get some of the old ones but they told me they didn't have anymore available to sell. The ones that are/were left were being saved for warranty replacements. They told me the same thing when i wanted to get more Titus T10L's.