Good catches of chinook, steelhead, and lake trout have been taken near Point Betsie and out near Six Mile hole. The best catches have been before the sun is up or well after sunset in 120 to150 feet of water, 60 to 90 feet down. Good lures have been the Angry Gnome, orange and blue Chilly Willies, blue Spin Doctors or purple Hoochies. Pier fishing has been very slow with water temperatures staying around 75 degrees. At Crystal Lake, good numbers of lake trout are being caught on the south end, and both Lower and Upper Herring continue to produce good catches of pan fish.

I fished Frankfort several times last week and had pretty decent success. Some bigger fish are around now and pretty hungry in the morning. Last Thursday I went out by myself and ended up 4 for 3 at 6:13 am, including a 20# on the dipsey. Also, my rigger got hit and made a big run and when I got it closer, all I saw was a 3 pound fish which was on the main bait and a 15# on the slider. I had to reel the dink up to the rod tip to net the good one...comical to say the least.

All glow spoons and white flashers with a glow fly is all I've been running. Temp is certainly all out of wack now with the big south that blew all weekend. Everyone is fishing on the deep side of the bank. Good luck to all.