Cub Cadet Oil Filter

GLF

I picked up a Cub Cadet Oil filter for an oil change for my new tractor. Get ready for this...$12.00 :eek: After looking though a bunch of Fram filters and comparing them, I found that the Fram PH3614 is IDENTICAL to the Cub Cadet filter. OK....its orange instead of yellow. The price of the Fram filter....$3.87 :P

The Cub Cadet filter was returned ;)

Caz-

I own a Yahama 90hp 4stroke and did manage to find less expensive(STP if memory serves me right) non-yamaha filter. I don't remember the number on it, but I'll be fishing your tournament tommorrow. We can pop the shroud and you can take a look at the number if you'd like.

Generally speaking, equipment manufacturers do not make thier own common components, such as oil filters. They normally contract them out to some company that makes millions of filters and pay extra for a different paint color or logo.

--Jason

Caz-

I own a Yahama 90hp 4stroke and did manage to find less expensive(STP if memory serves me right) non-yamaha filter. I don't remember the number on it, but I'll be fishing your tournament tommorrow. We can pop the shroud and you can take a look at the number if you'd like.

Generally speaking, equipment manufacturers do not make thier own common components, such as oil filters. They normally contract them out to some company that makes millions of filters and pay extra for a different paint color or logo.

--Jason

Thanks Jason,

I will have to check that out.

Rich