Fishing has been a bit on the slow side, but those willing to travel up towards Big Sable Point have caught chinook, steelhead and lake trout while working the waters 90 to 150 feet deep. A few of the boats traveling down towards Pentwater have caught some really nice chinook salmon.

Here is a report that Ed Stell posted on Fish Ludington.

July 10th Overall fishing has been improving (getting more consistent). Boats fishing north both inside and outside the nets have taken good number of Salmon and Steelhead. Fishing the bank has been productive at first light and for Lake trout. Boats working 140 to 160 have also been taking fishing from the 59's to the 03's. Also had several reports of good Salmon action in the 55's to 52's from the 32's to the 36's. Fish have been on the deep side full cores to 100 down. Spin Doc's and flies have been taking better than 50% of the fish. Black, dark green, light green and white blades. KGB, Blue Fairways, Pickled sunshine, Mirage top flies. DW silver backed frogs, mixed vegetable, Moonshine Daisey cutter and "Eat Me" (Happy meal) top spoons.

I corrected my error