City chicken.......

I have ran a lot of meat rigs over the years I always liked them and caught a lot of fish on them. A friend of mine who charters on Lake Ontario and was one of the guys involved with Rhys Davis meat rigs showed me some of the things he does with his flies and convinced me to drop the meat program. 2 years ago I did and my catch rate went up I was getting more fish and even some bigger fish. This last season I ran a few meat rigs and they did not get hit very much but neither did my fly program much last year which was why I tried running the meat program again. One thing I can say after being Herring impaired is the boat smells better no more finding rotting fish strips in strange places. One thing I noticed is the new strips come packed in salt not brine like the old strips not sure if that had a effect or not. I can say when the meat rigs work they are on fire the only drawback I know of is you can't just toss em back in the box to use again so it is like live bait use it or lose it. One place the meat program always worked was pre run as the fish staged and were more aggressive. They also seemed to work better for getting fish to bite late morning.

We run the meat rigs on the south end of the lake and they're on fire for the beginning to middle of the season for us. Late summer into fall they don't get hit nearly as much. The black mamba, blue mamba work great always and glow in the dark are killer before sunrise.